Wednesday, May 1, 2013



WELCOME!

Welcome!  If you have landed here, you likely suffer from insomnia, mistyped a search for a local defense lawyer, or you’re my mom.

I have no great mission to declare, no cause to support, no awareness to increase. Thankfully for most, the criminal justice system is a bit of a mystery.  I simply thought it might be interesting for folks to have a peek behind the curtain.  People often enjoy the courthouse “stories” and have questions about the people, the process and results of our criminal justice system.  We do have a cast of characters and stories unrivaled by anything you've seen on TV or read in a book.  Hopefully, I can present them here with a little humor.  In doing so, I don’t mean to imply that that any case or individual is taken lightly.  Our business impacts real people with real problems for which the system struggles to find real solutions.  That said, if you can’t appreciate the humor that presents itself in even the most serious situations, life can be quite desolate and bleak.  Personally, I enjoy the humor in things and it is rarely in short supply.  If nothing else, I will amuse myself briefly in the writing of it all. 

If you've always wondered about __________, ask me the question and (eventually) I’ll do my best to answer.  There won’t be any mention of names, no “inside the courthouse” gossip, no reasoned treatise on the death penalty or other controversial issues of the day.  I very much like my job and I have every intention of keeping it, thank you very much. 

What I will tell you is that there is no better job in the world for a lawyer than being a prosecutor.  Talk to any attorney you know, regardless of how much they make or what kind of car they drive;  if they've been a prosecutor, they will likely tell you that it was the best job they ever had.  The other ones would too, if they’d ever done it.  

Since we ARE lawyers, I am compelled to tell you that this is in no way the official blog of any Prosecutor’s office, the State of Missouri, any law enforcement agency or even a talented writer.  The observations and opinions are mine alone.  Moreover, I shall relate only the facts and details that are already in the public domain whether by court-filing or otherwise.  Hopefully, I can provide a little context, and perhaps some edutainment value in the process.    Feedback is welcome until you hurt my tender feelings and I block you forever. 

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment